The company TOS Olomouc Ltd. belongs among traditional producers of milling machines. Major part of production is destined to foreign customers. Tradition of the company dates back to 1922 when the electrotechnical devices firm WAGNER was established. A centreless grinding machine, made to serve their own production, started off machine-tools manufacturing in 1935.
Since 1950 the company took on a new name – TOS Olomouc and changed its focus on the production of knee-type milling machines. At first it was production of conventional milling machines and than in 1972 also the production of continuous controlled milling machines.
A high standard quality product can be manufactured on high quality processing equipment only. That’s why in 1985 the company introduced the flexible processing system PVS 400 for the production of cast iron boxes, which up to now supply the assembly workshop with high precision and quality products.
During the period of privatization the plant became privately owned by the company Obrabeci stroje Olomouc Ltd. in 1993. In 2005 TOS Varnsdorf has become majority owner.
In 2008 Obrabeci stroje Olomouc Ltd. gained the quality certification ČSN EN ISO 9001:2001 awarded by Inspection Institute TÜV.
Toward the end of year 2008 the company came back to the original name TOS Olomouc Ltd.
By this step we want to express our belonging to the strong TOS Varnsdorf group and to their mark and at the same time to continue in the long-lasting tradition of machine tools production. Today, besides own production of milling machines, the production of pars and components for foreign machine-tools produces is developing. The high quality and high technical standard of our conventional and CNC milling machines is know by customers worldwide.